Wednesday 2 May 2012

Serious month of gaming ahead

May is going to be a serious month of hermiting.

I only fond out today that Max Payne 3 was coming out in two weeks. I feel guilty. I was a massive fan of the originals.

Easily in my top 5 played games
I remember going into Game in Blanch with my Da on a Sunday (as we typically did while my mother shopped) and we would walk around looking at the PC games. We weren't as savvy as we are now, so we never read on line reviews and stuff. But we found some cracker and little known gems.

Deus Ex, Soldier of Fortune and Shogun total war to name a few. But I remember buying Max Payne just because of the box. A guy in a leather jacket holding a Beretta . I was sold.

To this day I still name it in my top 5 games I have ever played. The action was breathtaking alongside the quality story and narrative in the dark setting of a New York Winter. Max Payne 2 lived up to expectations raising the bar. So I'm hopeful MP3 can do the same.

Twelve years waiting
This comes out three days after another major release. One I have been waiting twelve year for. Diablo 3. Diablo 2 was really one of the first on line games I played. A simple concept that was easy to pickup and play but was built for endurance and longevity. Could you keep grinding for better gear? It is really little wonder World of Warcraft was a perfect fit for me.

I signed up for the WoW annual pass the hour it launched and part of the deal was a free copy of Diablo 3. It is already downloaded and ready to launch.

Max Payne 3 , Diablo 3, continuing to level alts in WoW and continuing to increase my ability in League of Legends is making May a pretty big gaming month.